There are many people around the world who don’t know how to logout from WhatsApp. That’s the reason why we are into this topic today. Here we will describe the step by step guide about how to log out from WhatsApp.
Before starting, It is important for us to know that WhatsApp is one of the most popular free instant messaging cross-platform apps in the world. It is used by millions of people to share stories, photos, videos, text, and other media files. It is one of the most downloaded apps in the Google Play store.
However, WhatsApp might occasionally be challenging for users to manage with its common characteristics due to constant updates to its features.
Because of the frequent changes, occasionally WhatsApp users even have trouble logging off.
In light of the above mentioned problem, I have made the decision to write an article today on how to log out from WhatsApp using a desktop computer, an Android smartphone, and an iPhone.
What’s In It For Me
In this article you will get into know:
- How To Logout From WhatsApp android smartphone.
- How To Logout from WhatsApp iPhone.
- How To Log out From WhatsApp web.
WhatsApp - How to Delete AccountWhatsApp - How to Delete AccountHow To Logout From WhatsApp Android Smartphone
Note: There is no logout feature available for android smartphone right know but you can still logout from WhatsApp. Before logging out, it is advised to take a back up of your WhatsApp chat.
To take a backup from WhatsApp follow the given below path.
Click the three vertical dots on the extreme top right corner of your screen then tap on “Settings”. After this click “Chats”, and then tap on the option “Chat backup” and then click the button “Back Up”.
After taking a back up of your WhatsApp data you need to follow the given below guidelines to logout your WhatsApp from your android device.
- STEP 1: Go to the “Settings” section of your android smartphone.
- STEP 2: Scroll down and look for “Apps” section.
- STEP 3: Tap “Apps” and then “Manage Apps“ and search for “WhatsApp”.
- STEP 4: Now, tap to the “WhatsApp” app and tap the “Storage” section.
- STEP 5: Hit on “Storage” and clear the data by clicking “Clear Data”.
- STEP 6: Now try to log in your WhatsApp, you will see the login screen.
How To Logout From WhatsApp iPhone
If you are using WhatsApp on your iPhone or Ipads, then there is no option available for you to logout from your Whatsapp account. Moreover, you will not get any option to clear your WhatsApp data.
Note: If you are really in the urge to logout your WhatsApp account from iPhone or iPad then I would highly recommend you to back up your WhatsApp data.
If you do not know how to backup data on iPhone then follow the given below procedure.
Go to “Setting” and you would need to tap on the option “Chats”, and then at last tap on “Backup Now”
After taking the backup, follow the given below steps:
- STEP 1: Hold the “WhatsApp” icon on the home screen of your iPhone or Ipad for at least 5 to 6 seconds.
- STEP 2: Then you will see a cross (X) button on the top of WhatsApp app.
- STEP 3: Now press the “X” button to delete the WhatsApp account. Note: You can also delete your WhatsApp account by going into the iPhone setting.
- STEP 4: When you follow all the above steps properly then your WhatsApp account from your iPhone or Ipad will be deleted or uninstalled automatically.
- STEP 5: If in the future, you have made up your mind to reinstall your WhatsApp, then again you would have to install the WhatsApp application from the play store.
How To Logout From WhatsApp Web(Computer)
To logout from WhatsApp web from your computer, you need to follow the given below step by step tricks.
- STEP 1: To logout from WhatsApp web from your computer, click the three vertical dots.
- STEP 2: As you will click the three dots a pop-up menu will get open with 4 options such as “New Group”, “Starred message”, “Settings”, and ”Logout”.
- STEP 3: Click the “Logout” button and you will be logged out from WhatsApp Web.
How easy is that? Right.
Now think, If by chance you have forgotten to logout from WhatsApp web (computer) and you are not in front of your computer, then how will you logout from WhatsApp web?
You do not know.
Do not worry I am here to let you know how you will logout from WhatsApp web if you are not in front of your computer.
Follow the given below guidelines.
- STEP 1: Open the WhatsApp app on your smartphone.
- STEP 2: Click the three vertical dots available on the extreme top right of the screen.
- STEP 3: Select the “Linked devices”.
- STEP 4: Go to the “Device Status”. Here you will get an idea in how many computers your WhatsApp is on.
- STEP 5: Now tap a device to logout.
These are the processes by which you would be able to logout easily from the WhatsApp web from your smartphone.
I hope you have thoroughly enjoyed the article on how to logout from WhatsApp from devices like android smartphone, iPhone and Computer.
If you liked these tips and tricks then comment on the comment box and let me know your feedback.
Moreover, for regular tips & trick updates about the how-to guide on social media, WhatsApp, Instagram , WordPress, Digital marketing, SEO, and many more follow us on Twitter (@beingoptimists) and like our Facebook page.