In this guide you will learn about how to delete WhatsApp group permanently.
Before beginning, it is very important for us to know a few essential details about our journey from SMS to WhatsApp.
Let us start now.
Also, Read How To Delete Pinterest Account Permanently.
If you remember, in the earlier days we used to buy SMS (Short Message Service) packs to to message our friends, family, and colleagues.
For us, it was the quickest way to communicate without wasting time on calling and it was cheap too with respect to voice call.
Nowadays, SMS is merely used and it has been replaced by cloud-based instant messaging and voice over IP service applications such as WhatsApp, IMO, and Telegram. Using these apps you can not only text a message, but you can also share all types of multimedia files, such as video, images, pdf file and many more.
Amongst all the cloud-based instant messaging apps, WhatsApp is the most popular and widely used in the world.
So, today, in this article we will focus on the WhatsApp group and will provide you the quick tips on how to delete WhatsApp group permanently.
So, let’s begin.
How To Delete WhatsApp Group Permanently
I started using WhatsApp 4 years ago and I fell in love with its simple and easy to use features.
It was so addictive that I wasted most of my time chatting with my old friends. It became more compelling when WhatsApp introduced its new feature called WhatsApp group.
This group feature gave users the authority to chat with multiple friends at one go. But to use this feature you have to create a WhatsApp group as an admin and then only you can invite friends in a group to start chatting.
What Forced Me To Delete WhatsApp Group
At the beginning as a group admin, it was enthralling but later it becomes tough to maintain the purity of the group because of the unwanted chat and out of the topic discussion done by the group members.
Seeing this, one day, I decided to delete my WhatsApp group permanently.
So, here in this tutorial, I will provide you the same step by step guide which I followed to delete and exit the WhatsApp group permanently as an admin and as a participant.
Now, let us check into detail and know how to delete WhatsApp group permanently and how to get rid of any group as a participant.
How To Delete Whatsapp Group Permanently As An Admin
Let me tell you that you can only delete the WhatsApp group if you are a group admin.
To delete a WhatsApp group, you would need to delete all the participants first, and then only you would be able to exit and delete the WhatsApp group.
Now let us see the step by step procedures of how to delete a WhatsApp group as an admin from desktop and smartphone in detail.
Delete WhatsApp Group From Computer/Desktop As An Admin
- Open WhatsApp messenger in your computer and then select the group you want to delete it.
- Click on the “Group Name” at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down after clicking the “Group Name” to find the list of “participants”. Remove it one by one by clicking the down arrow key available besides “Participants“.
- Now, click the “Exit Group” button to permanently come out from the WhatsApp group.
- Pop up will come up instantly, with 2 options i.e “Cancel” & “Exit“, just click “Exit” to exit from the group permanently.
- At last, you will get an option to delete the group. Just click the “delete group” button to delete it permanently.
Now you have seen how you can delete a WhatsApp group from a computer. Now let us see together how you can permanently delete a WhatsApp group from your android smartphone.
Delete WhatsApp Group From Android Smartphone As An Admin
In order to delete a WhatsApp group from android smartphones, follow the first three steps described above and then follow the given below steps sequentially.
- Tap on the participant and you will see a popup and amongst all the options click to remove a participant.
- Then after clicking the “remove participant”, you will see another popup telling you to remove a participant from the given group. Just click “OK“.
- When all the participants are deleted from the group then tap the “exit group” button then again you will see a pop up with tree options on the smartphones. These are “Mute INSTEAD”, “CANCEL” and “EXIT”.
- Hit “EXIT” and then click the “DELETE GROUP” button to delete the WhatsApp group permanently.
These are the step by step procedures which you need to follow in order to delete WhatsApp group permanently.
If you are just a participant and do not want to be the part of the group then you would have to follow the given below procedure.
If you are using WhatsApp on the android phone then,
- Go to the group chat box and then tap the group name.
- Scroll down and you will see the button “EXIT GROUP” button.
- Click the “exit group” button and click the “EXIT” button to come out of the group.
How can I permanently Delete my WhatsApp group?
To delete a WhatsApp group, you would need to be an admin. Before deleting the group the first step you will need to follow is to delete all the participants listed within that group. And secondly, you would need to exit it from the group. Finally, when you will delete the WhatsApp group you would not be able to see the group in your chat list and the history related to that group will get deleted permanently as well.
To Sum Things Up..
Now you know how you can delete WhatsApp groups from web and android smartphones. For other smartphones such as apple, windows all the steps are almost the same. Just follow the above steps which I have explained to you here for iPhone and windows as well.
If you think that you no longer want to be the participant of the group or you do not want to continue with the group, then you can follow the above procedure to delete or come out of the group.
This tutorial on how to delete WhatsApp group was mainly to provide you with the correct and updated information on how to delete WhatsApp group as an Admin and as a participant. If you have any other updated information related to WhatsApp then please write below on the comment box.