If you have an online business and wondering how to increase your sales without spending much of your money then you should start doing email marketing, Here in this article, I would let you know the best email marketing tips and tricks which would help you to increase your sales and get more than 1000 email subscribers in 30 days.
Why Email List Building Is So Important
If there is one thing that internet pundit agrees on, it is that building an email list is very important:
- According to Neil Patel, email marketing is one of the most powerful tools in your armory, but it only works when your recipients open the emails you send.
- David Newman stated that email has a potentiality many channels do not: creating valuable, special touches – at scale.
For driving traffic & sales very successfully, an email record is beneficial for your business. You would still be able to promote your business by doing email marketing, even if your search rankings on search engines like Google, Yahoo, or social media reach decrease due to an algorithm change.
Email marketing for business is very vital even if you are not selling any products or services, you would still collect emails so you can drive people back to your website every time you make a blog post.
Fundamentally building an email list is very important for your business, do not make the mistake of not building your list from the start!
So, let us start exploring email marketing tips and tricks step by step which can be very fruitful to your business.
Benefits of Email Marketing
Let us see, the benefits which you would get if you start doing email marketing for your business.
In traditional marketing, there is a considerable gap between a buyer and seller and, it is tough to know the target audience.
To catch interested customer’s bull’s eye, we need to invest a lot of money in advertisements such as television, radio, and banner, etc. but still, the businessman finds it hard to target the right customers.
As traditional marketing is becoming costlier day by day, it is hard for a small business owner to survive in the competitive market. So, there is only one solution that is email marketing.
With the help of email marketing, you can quickly enter the target audience’s inbox. It is cost-effective and the best way to communicate with the customer directly through the inbox. Through email marketing, you can track the activities and behavior of the audience.
Email marketing helps you to build your brand awareness. Since the emails are sent to the customer’s inbox, so it becomes easy to expose your business to the target audience.
Email marketing is very cost-effective in comparison to different marketing strategies. You need an email list and email marketing software to start the campaign.
Email marketing software like MailChimp helps you to track customer’s behavior. With the help of metrics, you can instantly know the open rate, click-through rate, and many more. You can use your email marketing campaign as a strategy to understand the responsiveness of the customers to particular information.
Since emails are entering the customer’s inbox, there is a maximum probability that your piece of information may go viral. There is also a chance that subscribers may share your content with their friends if they like it. So there is a maximum chance to expose your brand visibility to the market.
These are a few of the many benefits when you start taking email marketing seriously. Now let us explore the email marketing tips and tricks in detail.
Email Marketing Tips and Tricks No. 1: Merge MailChimp with WordPress
MailChimp is email marketing software to organize subscribers, send emails, and to trace results. It is one of the widely used free bulk email marketing services, and as a complimentary, you can add up to 2000 subscribers.
If you have a tight budget and want to do email marketing, then I would recommend you to use this software, as I have already discussed this provide free services till 2000 subscribers.
If you want to add MailChimp to your WordPress website then follow these 3 steps:
Domain Related Email :
Set up a domain related email address like email@example.com in your web server.
These types of emails give more professional touch and would help you to connect well with the customers and subscribers. Moreover, domain-related email ids are stuck less in the spam filter when you send emails to the customers.
Create An Account With Mailchimp Email Marketing Software:
Signup with MailChimp account and set up an email list. If you have already an email list, then import it in MailChimp software.
Add a Sign-Up Form on Your Website:
After activating MailChimp, you can easily create and design email signup and subscriber pop-up form using this email marketing software.
When you finish the designing of the form, an HTML code gets generated. To activate the form you need to copy and paste the code into your website.
Email Marketing Tips And Tricks No 2: TRACK EMAIL SIGN-UPS
With the MailChimp, it is impossible to track how many website visitors have signup through your website. If you want to track the activities of the website visitors, then you have to take the help of Google Analytics. Using the analytics would provide you a clear view of the customer’s behavior.
Next, set it up with Google Analytics and Send people to a “Thank-You” page after signing up to the mailing list and track how many people visit this page. Therefore, in this way, we can easily trace the total number of sign-ups.
Email Marketing Campaign Tips No 3:
Follow these steps for setting up an email marketing campaign using MailChimp.
- WordPress: First of all, create a “thank-you” page on your website.
- MailChimp: Set up the website “/thank-you” page URL instead of Mailchimp default “thank-you” page.
- Google Analytics: Next, you need to go to the admin section of Google Analytics, and in the goals setting you have to add a destination goal that starts with /thank-you. [Admin–>goals]
Consequently, test the setup process to certify whether it goes to the “/thank-you” page or not.
3 Actionable Email Marketing Tips And Tricks To Increase Sales And Visitors
1. Add a Call to Action to Your Sign up Form.
Website visitors come to the website for a reason, show them the benefit why they should subscribe to your mailing list. For example,
- Toolkit / Resource Guide
- Free Video Course
- Discount Coupon
- Add a download link to your Call to Action in the “thank-you” page or final welcome email.
2. Turn Your Landing page into a Sign-Up Form
Landing Pages are one of the most interacted pages on a website as compared to other pages. Therefore, optimize this page and make it more attractive to increase email subscriptions rather than showing blogs.
|Email marketing strategy:|
Follow these steps in WordPress to turn your homepage into a signup form:
- Add two new pages: Add to new pages on your website, i.e., “home” and “blog.”
- Create a static front page: Settingà reading à front page displaysà static page à home.
- Add sign up form to homepage: In this case, copy and paste the HTML code generated after designing of the signup form in MailChimp
- Display the blog section in the navigation menu. Also, go to the appearance setting of the WordPressà menus and add “blog” to the navigation bar menu.
3. Include Pop-Ups & Opt-In Forms on your website
Use Plugins like WP Subscriber which gives you full control to add customizable pop-ups and optin form for your website. Otherwise, you can use free WordPress Plugins such as ChimpMate to embed pop-ups on the website.
Especially this plugin enhance the design of your sign up form and makes it very easy to adjust the content and even skip double opt-in which can slow down signups. You can purchase this plugin and can use for your websites.
Create An Email Campaign In MailChimp
Follow these below email marketing tips and tricks to send an email to your subscribers:
- As a rule, build a campaign and choose built-in MailChimp templates.
- Connect your MailChimp account and Analytics (Google) to induce campaign “after click” metrics.
Go to Mailchimp–> account–> integrations–>confirm).
- Call To Action (CTA): finish the email with a clean and clear call to action (CTA).
- Dispatch a test email and recheck the subject line and spelling mistake, click on the link to test.
Moreover, finally, consider the time zones of the customers and according to the time zone and day of the week send your email campaign. Therefore, tune up the best time to email once you have collected data by running a few campaigns.
EMAIL ANALYTICS: 5 Must-Know MailChimp Metrics for Email marketing
It is essential to understand the given below metrics To understand email marketing metrics.
1. % Opens – Gives you an idea about how many times the subscribers opened an email campaign.
2. Clickthrough Rate (CTR) – shows you the percentage of how many times the subscribers clicked the campaign.
3. Unsubscribes – Shows you the details of the customers who have unsubscribed your mailing list.
1. Websites Sessions (visits) per Campaign
2. Conversion Rate – the number of goal completions per campaign Mainly use your first campaign metrics as a guideline to enhance and compare to the performance of other marketing channels (social media, SEO, etc.)
Remember, if you are not satisfied with the results; consider it as a learning opportunity!
In summary, this is the best email marketing tips and tricks which I frequently do to increase subscribers and sales with my WordPress website. Therefore, if you want to improve the ROI of your business then start doing email marketing using MailChimp as up to 2000 subscribers it is free. However, you can also upgrade this software if you want to email more than 2000 subscribers. So, do not worry about the visibility of your pages and follow the above useful email marketing tips and tricks for your business.