Facebook is one of the best social media platforms for marketing. In this article, We will explain to you about how to change Facebook business page name from different devices.
Modifying the name used to be a ticky requirement when you have initially entered a random name or made a spelling mistake while typing.
You would not want your whole page portfolio to be credited to some other name than your company because of a silly grammatical error or undecided names. It is advisable to frame a catchy term for your business before launching it. In case you have a page that already exists, you might want to turn it into a firm. To avoid losing the followers and the Facebook page posts, you would keep the existing page instead of creating a new one. The solution is simple, change the page name on Facebook.
Before changing FB business page name, you should go through this social media’s guidelines first
1. You cannot use slangs, violent or abusive terms.
2. ‘Offical’ title cannot be used if the page is not officially a public figure, brand, or company. (This does not mean the verified tick mark given by FB).
3. Avoid names with unnecessary punctuations, signs, and symbols.
4. Use names with proper capitalization.
5. Variations of ‘Facebook’ itself is banned.
6. Do not add descriptions or slogans in the page title section.
5. The page name cannot be generic locations and words like India or carpet. Use the trademark name or a name that represents the products being sold. For example, BeingOptimist or Oranges from Nagpur.
6. You have to be the Page admin to make changes on the page.
How to Change Facebook Business Page name using PC
1. Open your Page on your FB account.
2. Give a left click (using the mouse) on your profile icon on the top right corner.
3. Click See all profiles or switch to your preferred page by clicking the switch button beside your profile.
4. Now give a left click from your mouse to your business profile page available in the top right corner (i.e. beside the bell notification icon)
5. Go to Setting & privacy and then click Setting.
6. Now you are into a General Page settings.
7. On the right pane click the “Edit” link to change your Facebook business page name.
8. Set your business name and click the Review change button.
You will be notified about your Facebook name change request.
Note: If you change your Facebook business page name now, you can't change it again for 7 days
How to Change Facebook Business Page name using Mobile Phone
1. Open your account in Facebook application or browser.
7. Change your business name and then hit the Review change button.
How to Change Facebook Business Page Name in the Older FB version
To know how to modify FB business page name, the steps are not much different with minor alterations made in the social media website’s interface:
1. Visit your page on FB.
2. Click on About.
3. You can correct the FB page name using the Edit option given beside the current name.
The reason listed below could be why Facebook has restricted it for you: