Are you in a new country thinking about how to change time on iPhone? This might have happened when you took a flight to another country and feels to have lost some hours or gained them. You again have rightly landed on the perfect. Today, we came up with a blog consisting of three methods which will help you change your time on iPhone in case you are travelling out of your place.
Methods of changing the time on iPhone
Time changes as distance increases from the initial point. It’s all a matter of latitudes and longitudes. Each different time zone falls into places, collecting different places in the world.
And it is mindblowing to study how time is different in each country which makes the sun rise and sunset vary in different places. This is why time varies from one place to another while traveling.
Travelling can make you lose some hours or gain some hours since some countries are much forward in time while others are backwards in time. It all happens because of the game of latitudes.
But we have devised three tried and tested methods to change time on your iPhone. You can try any one of these ways and that is going to help you change time on iPhone in just a few minutes.
Customise the iPhone World Clock Widget to your time
If you use a widget as a feature on your home screen, you can easily come up with customizations that will show you different times that are held across different cities. You can customize your time and look out for different cities at the same time here. Here is how you can customize time in your iPhone World clock widget:
- Firstly, you are needed to open the Clock application on your iPhone.
- Secondly, you are needed to navigate to the World Clock tab among a few tabs you have options for.
- On the top right of the screen in the World Clock tab, you can find a plus sign (+). Tap on that sign.
- A new window will appear where you can search the location in the search tab there and then press Enter. Your location will show up in the search results. Click on it.
- Like this, you can keep on adding more locations to your iPhone World Clock in order to see at what time they are running.
Change time from iPhone Settings
Another way you can change time on iPhone is by changing it from the settings. This will change the time on your phone and not add another time to your World Clock Widget. This method might cause some disturbances to other apps which has something to do with time. Hence, be careful while you go through this method. Here is how you can change time on your iPhone:
- Firstly, head out to the Settings of your iPhone.
- Then, click on General.
- After that, tap on Date & Time when you see it.
- In this window, you will find that your time has been automatically set. Now you have to set it manually. If you find that some sort of message appears, asking to restart your device, then you should do it and again go to Settings and then Date & Time section.
- In case it does not show, then make sure that you change the device’s location to the current location. For doing this, first, open Settings, then go to Privacy, then, click on Location Services and after that tap on System Services. Here, you need to turn on Setting Time Zone and then proceed to the next stage.
- Now you can check whether your time shows according to the current location you are in. for this, again go to Settings, then to General, then to Date & Time where you will find the Time Zone. This is where you can check whether your time has changed on your iPhone or not.
Add Widgetsmith World Clock Widget to iPhone home screen
Widgetsmith is a new application you can download on iPhone that basically works as a customized widget creator that comes along with a plethora of templates for playing around with reminders, photos, calendars and a world clock. Here is how you can use widgetsmith to see time on your iPhone:
- Install the application on your phone if you don’t already have it.
- Then open the application and straightway head out to the Tools tab. Then click on World Time.
- After you tapped on the World Time option, click on the Edit Locations and then search for the locations you want to add in the search box and the search results will appear underneath the box. Then, click on the result with which you wish to continue.
- After adding the locations of your choice, you will have to go to the My Widgets section in order to create a new customized widget. You can find the different sizes of widgets like small, Medium, or large. Choose one according to your wishes. And then, you can tap and see the widget preview.
- After that, go to the Style section and then click on the Time in Locations options and then in the Locations section, you can select all those locations you want to display in the widget. After that, you can select Font, Background Color, Tint Color and Border Color from their respective sections in order to customize your widget. After finishing what you started customizing, you will have to tap on the Back arrow.
- After step 5, rename your widget at the top of the screen and then click on Save option to save the latest changes on your widget. And your new widget will appear on the screen.
This blog shows you three different methods you can learn how to change time on iPhone. The first method is using the iPhone World clock widget. The second is changing time manually on iPhone from the device’s Settings. And the third method is adding Widgetsmith on your phone. Either of these methods is bound to work for you since they all are tried and tested by us before we put it out here.
We are hoping that this blog has been useful to you. Check out BeingOptimist for more helpful tech blogs like this one.