Do you know how to download WhatsApp backup from Google drive to PC ? If you do not know then there is no reason to worry. Today, in this tutorial,I will let you know how you will take a backup of your WhatsApp data from Google drive to PC.
Before letting you know about how to download WhatsApp backup from google drive to PC ,it is essential for us to know the given below things.
- How to backup your WhatsApp chat or data on Google drive.
- How to find WhatsApp data in Google drive.
Let’s get started and understand how to backup and find WhatsApp data on Google drive one by one and then finally I will let you know about how to download WhatsApp backup from Google drive to PC.
How to Backup Your WhatsApp Chat or Data on Google Drive
To back your WhatsApp data on Google drive from your android devices, follow the given below steps.
- STEP 1: Tap the WhatsApp apps icon.
- STEP 2: Then go to the “Settings” section by tapping the three vertical dots available on the extreme top right corner of your screen.
- STEP 3: Enter the “Chats” section.
- STEP 4: Now tap to “Chat backup” and then click the “BACK UP” button.
- STEP 5: Note: To backup your data on Google drive you would need to connect your phone to WiFi.
Right now, you have understood how you will take a backup of your WhatsApp data on Google drive from your android device. Now let us see how we will find WhatsApp data on Google drive.
How To Find WhatsApp Data on Google Drive Using Desktop Computer
Follow the given below instructions to find WhatsApp data on Google drive using your desktop computer or laptop.
- STEP 1: Turn on your computer or laptop and click the link Google Drive
- STEP 2: Now click “Go To Google Drive”.
- STEP 3: To continue to Google drive you would need to sign in with your Gmail id. Enter your email id and password and then finally you will be redirected to the Google Drive.
- STEP 4: Now to find your WhatsApp back up, you would need to click the number just below “Storage” or click the link Backup.
- STEP 5: On the top right clicks “Backups” and you will able to locate your WhatsApp backup data.
NOTE:The above given steps are exclusively for desktop computers, if you want to find your WhatsApp data from your android smartphone. Then you would need to follow the given below steps.
Finding WhatsApp Data On Google Drive Using Android Smartphone
- STEP 1: Tap the Google Drive icon on your android smartphone. The drive icon will look like this
- STEP 2: Then tap the three vertical lines available on the extreme left corner of the screen.
- STEP 3: Select “Backups”.
- STEP 4: Finally you will be able to see your WhatsApp back up here.
Note: if you are still finding it hard to find your WhatsApp backup from your smartphone then I would recommend you to open Google Chrome browser on your smartphone and then insert the URL https://drive.google.com/ on the address bar. And then convert your drive into “desktop site” by clicking the three dots available on the extreme right corner of the address bar.
Now you would be able to see your Google Drive in a desktop version. Now follow all the steps described in the beginning of this tutorial.
Now, I hope you have understood about how to find WhatsApp data and how to backup WhatsApp chat on Google Drive. Let us now dive into the main topic of our article, that is, how to download WhatsApp backup from Google drive to PC.
How To Download WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to PC
Right now there are no features available to download WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to PC.
To be honest with you I have tried all the tips and tricks but nothing has worked till now. But there are few tricks which you can apply to take your WhatsApp backup from Google Drive.
Let me tell you know how you can take backup step by step.
- STEP 1: Connect your smartphone with your PC or laptop.
- STEP 2: Click to “Phone Memory”
- STEP 3: Select WhatsApp folder.
- STEP 4: Copy and Paste the WhatsApp backup on your computer or PC .
Note: If you have uninstalled your WhatsApp account from your smartphone and if in the future you made up your mind to reinstall it then you can easily restore your backup from Google drive but right now there is no option in Google drive to download the WhatsApp backup. You can “Turn Off” or “Delete Backup”but you cannot download it.
In this way you will be able to download your WhatsApp backup from Google drive to your computer. By the way, if in the future I get to know about how to download Whatsapp backup from Google Drive to PC then definitely I will write an article on this topic and will let you know with step by step guidance.
By the way,if you have any question related to SEO, WordPress development, Social Media marketing, and social media tips and tricks then let me by commenting on the comment box or if you have any ideas kindly share with me.